(Jump to Navigation)
FAQs | Online Meeting
Q. What are the system requirements for Online Meeting?A: Your system must have the following requirements to run Online Meeting:
- Updated version of Adobe Flash Player.
- Supported browsers (FireFox 3.5,3.6, IE 7,8 or Chrome 8 or higher.)
- Windows Operating System(if host or could become host.)
- At least 16 bit color depth (if host or could become host.)
- Correct version of the Online Meeting plug-in (if host or could become host.)
Q. How do I start my Online Meeting?A: There are three common ways to start your Online Meeting as a Host or Presenter to choose from depending on your needs.
- Presenter Invitation - A link to join your Online Meeting is included in the Presenter email Invitation that was sent to you as a new Host.
- Simply click on the "Start the Web Conference" link within the invitation.
- Your browser will open and launch the ConferencePlus Meeting Center page.
- In the Conference Entry box, select Web/Audio Conference, click "Join," and your Online Meeting will be launched.
- Note: if you cannot locate your Presenter Invitation, you can resend the invitations directly to yourself from within your Account Dashboard, or you may call the Reservations Center and request it to be resent to you.
- You may login to your Dashboard from the ConferencePlus home page at http://www.conferenceplus.com. In the upper right-hand corner, access your Dashboard by selecting Account Log In.
- Login to your Dashboard by entering your Username and Password, select the lightning bolt icon beside the Anytime Subscription you wish to use for your meeting, and your Online Meeting will be launched.
- Go to http://www.conferenceplus.com.
- In the upper right-hand corner, select Host a Meeting. You will be taken to a Moderator Sign-In page.
- Enter the Dial-In Number, Passcode and Moderator Code for the Online Meeting (Anytime Subscription) you wish to join, click the "Sign In" button. This will take you to the Conference Entry page.
- In the Conference Entry box, select Web/Audio Conference, select "Start" and your Online Meeting will be launched.
Q. How do I invite participants to my Online Meeting?A: There are three common ways to invite your participants to your Online Meeting
- 1. Audience Invitation - A link to join your Online Meeting is included in the Audience Invitation
- that was sent to you when your account was established.
- Simply forward this Invitation in email to the participants you would like to join your meeting.
- Your audience members can click on the "Join the Web Conference" link within the invitation and then follow the on-screen instructions in order to join your Online Meeting.
- Note: if you cannot locate your Audience Invitation, you can resend the invitations directly to yourself from within your Account Dashboard, or you may call the Reservations Center and request it to be resent to you.
- You may login to your Dashboard from the ConferencePlus home page at http://www.conferenceplus.com. In the upper right-hand corner, access your Dashboard by selecting Account Login.
- Login to your Dashboard by entering your Username and Password.
- Select the orange envelope icon beside the Anytime Subscription you wish to use for your meeting. An Outlook email will appear on screen, pre-populated with the Online Meeting web and audio join details. A date and time may be entered in the email template if desired, and the invitation can be forwarded to the appropriate participants for the meeting.
- Your audience members can click on the "Join the Web Conference" link within the invitation and then follow the on-screen instructions in order to join your Online Meeting.
- Go to http://www.conferenceplus.com
- In the upper right-hand corner, select Join a Meeting. You will be taken to a Conference Entry page.
- In the Conference Entry box, select Web/Audio Conference, Enter your Name, Email Address, Company, and the Dial-In Number and Passcode that has been provided to you by your meeting Host.
- Select "Join" and your Online Meeting will be launched.
Q. How do I schedule an Online Meeting in my Outlook calendarA: The Outlook calendar Call Scheduler plug-in must be installed. Click on the following link and follow the on-screen installation instructions: Download Conference Call Scheduler
- Once the Call Scheduler plug-in has been installed, a "Web/Audio Conference" toolbar button will appear at the top your Outlook calendar.
- Within the Outlook calendar, click on the time and date that you wish to conduct your Online Meeting.
- An Outlook email invitation appears. Complete the To, Subject, and Location fields.
- Select the Web/Audio Conference button located to the right of the Appointment button. Select the Conference Anytime Subscription you wish to use for the meeting (located in the Conference field).
- SEND invitation, the meeting is now scheduled.
Q: What are the integrated audio features available with ConferencePlus Online Meeting?A:Free toll based dial in numbers are available with ConferencePlus Online Meeting at no additional charge. You can also opt for toll-free dial in numbers and pay per use. The advantage of this is there will be no charge if toll free dial in numbers are not used. ConferencePlus Online Meeting provides you with the dial out option. Our "Call Me" feature allows the speakers and participants to automatically get connected into the conference. Just enter your area code and phone number as you log in and the conference call will immediately dial out to you.
Q. What are the features of unlimited audio and how does it work?A: Online Meeting provides unlimited high quality audio at a low cost. You can choose between toll based or toll free dial in numbers. Online meeting provides you with free toll based dial in numbers and the toll-free audio conferencing starting at 5.9 cents per minute.
Q: Does Online Meeting allow for multiple Presenters?A: Yes. Online Meeting allows Presenter control to be passed to any audience member who has downloaded the Presenter plug-in upon entering the meeting. ConferencePlus Online Meeting 75 allows up to 75 participants to be passed Presenter control. ConferencePlus Online Meeting 150 allows up to 150 participants to be passed Presenter control.
Q: Is it possible for me to use my toll free dial in numbers for all my meetings?A: Yes, you can easily use your toll-free dial-in numbers for all your meetings.
Q. Is it possible to mute / unmute all attendees at a time?A: Yes. The " Lecture Mode" option in ConferencePlus Online meeting gives you the ability to mute/unmute all attendees at a time as well as individually.
Q: Are there any other audio conferencing services options available?A: ConferencePlus offers a variety of premium audio services that includes operator attended calls and Event Manager Services to support big events and webinars. If you have questions about your service or other available options, contact us at 866 503 5310.
Q: Where can I go for help with audio problems?A: If you are having audio problems during your conference call, press *0 on your touch tone phone. If you are having difficulty entering your conference call, please contact ConferencePlus Customer Support at 877 333 2663.
Q: How do I record my entire Online Meeting including audio and web presentation?A: On your presenter control panel, click the Start Recording button to start and the Stop Recording button to stop recording the conference. To continue recoding the same file, click Start Recoding again.
Q: How do I record just the audio portion of my conference calls using the ConferencePlus Online Meeting unlimited audio feature?A: Recording the audio portion of your conference calls using Online Meeting is easy. Just press *2 to start or stop the audio recording. You will receive an email when the recording will be available in your content library.
Q: How do I save my recorded meetings and where are my meetings are stored?A: Once you finish recording your web conference, your recording will automatically be stored in your ConferencePlus Share Portal® content library. You can access your Share Portal content library by logging into your Account Dashboard. You will also receive an email notification containing a link to your Online Meeting recording. You can then give access to the recording to the user group of your choice by forwarding this email and link.
Q: In which format are my recordings are available?A: Your recordings are automatically saved in Windows Media Player (WMV) format and audio files are automatically saved in MP3 format.
Q. Can Mac® users view the recording?A: Yes, Mac users can view ConferencePlus Online Meetings recorded by PC users via their browser. The recorder meeting files should be in Windows Media format. There are applications like Quick Time etc that is hosted on Mac workstations that can play WMV format recordings.
Q. How can I edit my recorded meeting?A: There are commercial applications that can edit WMV format recordings. ConferencePlus Web Team can also help you to edit your WMV recordings. For more information please contact your ConferencePlus Account Manager.
Q: How is ConferencePlus Online Meeting different from the products of our competitors?A: Online Meeting was developed to be extremely cost-effective and easy to use:
- More cost-effective: With monthly rates starting at $24.99/month for unlimited meetings, Online Meeting is far more budget-friendly than most competitors.
- Larger max capacity: While most competitors limit their users to 20 participants per session with their standard offering, Online Meeting customers enjoy the convenience of having up to 75 participants in every conference with our standard offering.
- Easier to use: Online Meeting was specifically designed with you mind. Both power users of web conferencing and beginners should find all the controls and features intuitive located and simple to use.
- Better Audio Integration: Toll-free and toll-based dial-in numbers are automatically included to seamlessly integrate high-quality audio conferencing into your Online Meeting.
Q: Can I host or attend a meeting using a Mac®?A: No. Online Meeting is not Mac compatible at this time.
Q: Can I use ConferencePlus Online Meeting on my tablet device?A: You can use Online Meeting on any tablet device that can connect to the Internet and enables the use of the latest version of Adobe Flash. Online Meeting cannot be used on tablet devices such as the Apple iPad that do not enable Adobe Flash.
Q: Is there a toll-free option for audio conferencing? How do I sign up?A: Both toll-free and toll-based options for audio conferencing are automatically included when you purchase Online Meeting. When you purchase Online Meeting, dial-in numbers for both toll-free and toll-based audio conferencing are included in the Presenter and Audience Invitations that are sent to you upon completion of signing up/purchasing the Online meeting service.
Q: Is there a cost for using the integrated audio conferencing feature?A: Both toll-free and toll-based dial-in numbers are provided with every Online Meeting account. The toll-based dial-in is available at no charge. The toll-free dial-in is charged the per minute (pay per use) rate indicated on the purchase/sign-up pages when Online Meeting is purchased.
Q: Is VoIP audio integration available with ConferencePlus Online Meeting?A: VoIP audio is not currently available with Online Meeting.
Q: Can I do a video conference with ConferencePlus Online Meeting? Can I use my webcam?A: No. At this time, Online Meeting is not available with video conference or webcam integration. ConferencePlus does however offer several services that allow video conferencing and/or webcam usage. For a complete list of services
Q: Can I increase the number of attendees allowed in a meeting?A: Online Meeting is available for purchase online with a maximum capacity of 75 participants. Online Meeting can also be purchased with an increased maximum capacity of 150 participants when purchased directly through a ConferencePlus Sales Representative. The 150 capacity option is not available for online purchase.
Q: Is there a ConferencePlus Online Meeting app available for my smartphone?A: No. There is no Online Meeting app available for smartphone devices at this time.
Q. Is my Online Meeting secure? How do I avoid fraudulent use of my Online Meeting by someone else?A: Host level access to conferencing services is desired by hackers because it provides the access and control needed to conduct fraudulent activities, such as dialing out to long distance locations and making unauthorized conference calls. Your Online Meeting account is designed to be as secure as possible to prevent hackers from accessing your service for fraudulent use. For this reason, the link to start your Online Meeting is provided to you in a separate Presenter Invitation email which you should not share with anyone.
You can also start your Online Meeting from the ConferencePlus Meeting Center "Host a Meeting" page, accessible on the ConferencePlus website, using your participant passcode and your moderator code for those times when you don't have access to your Presenter link. Requiring two separate codes to start your web and audio conference as the host substantially decreases the risk of fraudulent use. To maintain the security of your Online Meeting, you should never share your moderator code, or the Presenter link for launching your Online Meeting with anyone else. Your meeting participants only require the participant passcode, as provided to you in the "Audience Invitation" email for your service, to join both the web and audio portions of your Online meeting calls.
Both your passcode and moderator code are also embedded and used automatically by the system when you choose to alternately start your Online Meeting from your Account Dashboard and ViewPlus tools. You should keep your Account Dashboard ID and password secure and change them as soon as possible if you think they may have been compromised.
Q. What do I need to install on my computer to use Online Meeting?A: Online Meeting leverages the power of Adobe Flash to provide a robust web collaboration experience for all participants without the need to download and install a plug-in or application. To use Online Meeting as a presenter, a small Java plug-in must be installed on your computer. To ensure your system is updated with the proper Java software, use the "Test System" found in both the Presenter Invitation and the Audience Invitation emails. Online Meeting provides you with the capability to "pass control" to another participant to act as presenter during your meeting. If you plan to use this feature, you must instruct the any potential presenters to also use the "Test System" link to install the Java plug-in prior to your meeting.
Q. How will I be billed for using Online Meeting?A: Online Meeting Package Plan service offers the options for either monthly billing or a single annual pre-payment at a discounted amount. For both options, your credit will be initially billed after completing the online order. If you select the monthly billing option, your card will be billed after completing your order for the first month of service, after which your credit card will be charged each recurring month effective on the date of the order. Monthly invoice billing is available to qualified customers, including annual and monthly Named Host plans, Metered usage (per minute billing), and Multimedia usage billing plans. For additional billing options or more information about Online Meeting, contact ConferencePlus at 877 266 3482, or use the Click-to-Talk button at www.conferenceplus.com.
Q. Do any additional fees apply?A: There are no monthly minimum or minimum call charges with the standard Online Package Rate plans or the Named Host pricing plans. If you choose to use the optional toll free audio service with any of your Online Meeting pricing plans, your credit card you will be billed for the applicable amount of your total toll free audio usage. Total toll free usage is calculated by multiplying the applicable per minute rate for toll free service, multiplied by the duration, in minutes, that each participant, including the host, participated on the call.
The following additional optional services fees also apply:
Recording Line: When recording an audio or web conference, one additional participant line is used to capture the recording. The line will be billed at the applicable per minute rate for the duration of the recording. View Plus Moderator Tool: A charge of $5.00 per call applies when using this optional moderator tool to manage your conference call.
Share Portal Content Management Tool: A file storage fees applies or host-initiated and automated uploads: $0.25/day/file for small files (<= 30 mb), $1.75/day/file for medium files (>30 mb < 500 mb), $3.50/day/file for large files (>500 mb <2gb). Fees for automated uploads such as conference call recordings, apply per file per day effective on the 11th day of hosting, Fees for host-initiated uploads apply per file per day effective on the first day of upload; Portal page hosting fee: $50/ month/published Portal page. A participant download fee of $0.99/downloaded file applies for all file sizes when files are downloaded from one of your Share Portal pages. The first 25 downloaded files per Portal page per month are free.
Q. Can I cancel my Online Meeting service?A: Online Meeting service can be purchased on the ConferencePlus website with either a minimum one month term or a minimum 12 month term of service. Service purchased with a 12 month minimum term includes yearly automated renewals effective on the anniversary date of your service initiation. Service purchased with a one month minimum term includes monthly automated renewals. You may cancel the automated renewal of your service at any time by cancelling your Online Meeting subscription in your Account Dashboard prior to the renewal date of your service. If you do not cancel your Online Meeting service subscription prior to the renewal date, you will be billed for the applicable amount of the next service term. For assistance or questions on accessing or using your Account Dashboard, please contact ConferencePlus Customer Service at 877 333 2663.
ConferencePlus Worldwide HQ
1051 E.Woodfield Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
847 413 3311
877 CONF 4U2 (877 266 3482)
ConferencePlus Global Services
64 Lower Mount St.
ConferencePlus London Sales Office
- FAQ: Internet Reservations
- FAQ: Reservations by Phone
- FAQ: Conference Services
- FAQ: Support & Trouble Shooting
- FAQ: Support for Large Calls
- FAQ: Post-Conference Services
- FAQ: Manage Conference Recordings
- FAQ: Mobile Connect Audio Conferencing