|To assist Medicaid and CHIP agencies, CMS’s Medicaid Innovation Accelerator Program (IAP) will host a state learning webinar on Medicaid value-based payment (VBP) approaches, including key considerations when selecting and designing a VBP approach. The webinar will:
• Review the goals of VBP strategies and the Health Care Payment Learning and Action Network’s Alternative Payment Models Framework.
• Detail common Medicaid VBP approaches, such as pay for performance, bundled payments, shared savings/shared risk approaches, and global payments.
• Outline design elements and factors for consideration, such as measure selection, risk adjustment, and attribution, before implementing an approach.
• Describe features of and considerations for implementing VBP in Medicaid managed care programs.
This is the first webinar of a series of VBP-focused national learning webinars the Medicaid IAP is hosting in October. Please be on the look-out for more information about the others:
• Medicaid Value-Based Payments for Children’s Oral Health
• Medicaid Value-Based Payments for Substance Use Disorders
• Medicaid Value-Based Payments for Maternal and Infant Health